Yahoo sucks millions of guys in with its fantasy sports platform and, if you work there, keeps you around with a parental leave policy that’s been generous for guys since before it was cool. It even has a search engine some people still use.
- Headquarters: Sunnyvale, CA
- Number of employees: 9,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 8 weeks
- Industry: Media
- 2015 Rank: 13
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Employees get discounts to ski resorts and California theme parks, a monthly $ 500 “Daily Habits” scholarship for things like child care, laundry, and groceries. They’ll even send you a Yahoo-branded gift package if you get the kid a new pet.
- Median pay among Yahoo employees who’ve been aboard for 5 years is $ 120,000 – better than most competitors. And if you make it that long, you earn an 8-week unpaid sabbatical.
The 50 Best – Full List
9 Small Businesses Leading The Way
What About The Freelancers?
Methodology And Resources