Arguably no company on the list flew the flag for paternity leave higher over the past year than Facebook. When the founder and CEO of a company worth $ 305 billion takes 2 months off to welcome his first kid, that sends a powerful message about priorities. When he shares it with his 60 million friends on Facebook? That helps establish a new normal.
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, CA
- Number of employees: 13,598
- Paid Parental Leave: 17 weeks
- Industry: Tech
- 2015 Rank: 2
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices:
- In addition to one of the country’s leading parental leave policies, new parents at Facebook receive a $ 4,000 “new child benefit.” And it does not end there – employees start with 21 days of PTO and unlimited sick days.
- Facebook supplements its health insurance with $ 20,000 worth of fertility and family planning benefits, which covers everything from egg freezing and sperm retrieval to surrogacy agency fees, all of which are available to same-sex couples as well.
- In the ultimate money-where-its-mouth-is move, Facebook recently extended its benefits programs to companies and vendors with whom it works, including the $ 4,000 new child benefit for workers who do not have parental leave and a minimum of 15 days PTO.
The 50 Best – Full List
9 Small Businesses Leading The Way
What About The Freelancers?
Methodology And Resources