Fatherly‘s annual “Best Places To Work For New Dads” ranking tracks the progress of the 50 companies doing the most to help American fathers balance work and family life. Every company on our list offers exceptional benefits, including paid leave, access to child care subsidies or programs, and flexible time policies. Though the list changes every year, the overall trend among businesses actively engaging with the demand of fathers is positive. The average number of paid weeks off given to new fathers by companies on the list has, over the course of only two years, gone from four to 11, a 275 percent increase.
Naturally, many companies are appearing on this list for the third time. Corporations that are committed to helping parents tend to remain committed to helping parents. That’s good news for the employees of…
Hamdi Ulukaya, the Founder and CEO of the company behind the best-selling Greek yogurt in the US, recently made headlines by expanding paid parental leave to six weeks and giving away ten percent of the billion-dollar company equity to its employees.
- Headquarters: New Berlin, NY
- Number of employees: 2,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks
- Industry: Food & Beverage
- 2016 Rank: New Entry
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- The equity dispersal is worth an average of $ 150,000 per employee, but the shares of workers who have been with the company for its 12-year history could be worth millions.
2017 Rank: 47
For more context and more information on the companies working to help fathers, check out the complete 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads ranking, a breakdown of this year’s stats, an explanation or Fatherly‘s methodology, the story of Patagonia’s new revolutionary child care program, and our deep dive on the state of the modern American paternity leave experience.
- ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Is the Weirdest Mother’s Day Present Ever
- Power Ranking Benedict Cumberbatch Facial Hair: The Good, the Bad and the Strange
- Tyler, the Creator Reminds Us That Yes, You Can Wear Shorts With a Sweater
- Phew! Turns Out Those Awful ‘Bluey’ Rumors Weren’t True
The post The 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads: Chobani appeared first on Fatherly.